Four more days of school, then seven weeks of glorious summer.
If I haven’t made myself annoyingly clear, I’m an anticipation junkie. Half the thrill for me is envisioning the future. Life moves so quickly. The real thing is over before you know it, but if you look forward to it first, it lasts longer.
At least, that’s what I tell myself.
So, in an effort to stretch out my summer before it even starts, here is what I’m looking forward to most:
1. Road trip to Olympia with my teacher lady friends! (Hello Portland, dirty bars, roller derby, beautiful coastline, our special version of Flat Stanley, and a raucous good time… Sometimes I wonder if people really know what elementary school teachers are like in their off hours… I didn’t!)
2. Kauai. Think the complete opposite of above road trip. Peace, quiet, sunshine, beach.
3. Mt. Shasta, CA. Time with my mom, sitting under the pines, swimming in the lake, snacks at the Goat Tavern, hot springs soaking in Ashland, OR.
4. WRITING. As much as I’m excited for all of the trips above, I might be even more excited for the time to write. I’m ready to do my final polishing of my book (AGAIN) and submit to 31 agents in 31 days in July. WOOT.
5. General summerness. Time with my dog, husband, family, friends. Impromptu road trips to Napa for yummy Ad Hoc lunch, San Francisco Giants games, the Pelican Inn and Muir Beach. Days spent floating in my dad’s pool, lazing about at teacher pool parties, thrifting, reading and sleeping.
See, now I’m excited, and summer hasn’t even officially started. Thank you anticipation, I don’t care what people say about the present, you’re pretty cool too.
I hope you have a great summer and all the anticipation that goes with it. Looks like a fun filled summer. Oh, and I enjoy reading your blog posts, WordPress is top notch.
One day we will get a chance to meet. 🙂
Thanks Shawne! I definitely like WordPress better. Do you blog? Look forward to meeting you too, Alex has nothing but great things to say about you!
thanks for checking out my blog! 🙂 i like yours a lot. summer plansss are so fun.
i have a friend who is finishing up her first year of teaching 4th grade as well…so many hilarious stories!!! 🙂
Thanks Chelsea! I actually found you when you guest posted for Katie– she and I went to college together. I enjoyed your explanation of Ohio vs. California 🙂 Always fun to find entertaining new blog connections!
You are inspiring me to make an anticipation list. Today I had a moment of panic/blues when I thought about the lack of structure and routine I am facing come tomorrow morning when I don’t get to go into work. Thank you!
I love the idea of an anticipation list! I get very antsy if I don’t have plans, although I know that spontaneity has its merits 🙂 If you’re feeling like exploring your novel writing side, you should check out: http://campnanowrimo.org/sign_in